Best of ezCater: Top Philadelphia Caterers for 2020
- 5 Min Read
It’s no wonder the city that’s home to Independence Hall and the Liberty Bell has such a democratic food scene. Yes, cheesesteaks and roast pork sandwiches will forever be here. But Reading Terminal Market and South 9th Street Italian Market, home to taquerias and souvlaki joints, now rival American Revolution icons as tourist destinations. All of this variety is also reflected in the catering scene, so we’ve compiled the list below to help you find the very best caterers in Philadelphia.
Best in Philadelphia
1. Mediterranean Catering (1432 Manoa Rd., Wynnewood)
This family-owned Greek restaurant in the Main Line has been providing the area with appetizers like Helen’s Stromboli Bites and a variety of gourmet pizzas since 1960.
2. Couch Tomato Catering (102 Rector St., Philadelphia)
Staying true to its mission of sourcing organic, local produce and hormone and antibiotic-free meats whenever possible, this catering company earns praise for its salads like the Holy Chipotle with chicken, onions, black beans, cilantro, avocado, and tortilla strips.
3. Napoli Pizza & Pasta Catering (8445 West Chester Pike, Upper Darby)
Feast on hand-tossed pizzas, sandwiches, and Italian classics like Stuffed Shells and Grilled Vegetable Lasagna from this Upper Darby restaurant.
Best for Large Meetings
1. Crespo’s Fratelli’s Pizzeria (1253 Woodbourne Rd., Levittown)
All-inclusive catering packages featuring fried mozzarella carrozza sandwiches, chicken Parmigiana, and penne alla vodka, make for hassle-free catering for a crowd and feed a minimum of 25.
2. Corporate Source Catering (224 Horsham Rd., Horsham)
Feed a mob with interactive buffets centered around fajitas, BBQ pulled pork sandwiches, or build-your-own Philly cheesesteaks.
3. Cosi (5200 Grays Ave., Philadelphia)
Sandwich platters composed of artisan bread stuffed with Hummus & Veggie, Turkey & Brie, and Roast Beef & Cheddar are an efficient and delicious way to feed a crowd.
Best for Small Meetings
1. Tortorice’s Specialty Sandwiches (233 S 20th St., Philadelphia)
Order a round of boxed lunches filled with exquisite sandwiches like the Pisano (soppressata with mozzarella) or Ciao Bella (provolone with eggplant spread) from this family-owned shop.
2. Slack’s Hoagie Shack (2499 Aramingo Ave., Philadelphia)
In a city full of outstanding sandwiches, some of the best are the trays of cheesesteaks and chicken cutlets at this regional hoagie chain.
3. Fuel (1225 Walnut St., Philadelphia)
Mix it up at your next team meeting with impossibly fresh salads like the Ridiculously Delicious Kale Salad (with roasted sweet potatoes, feta, cranberries, red onions, and ginger vinaigrette) or Strawberry Spinach Salad (with strawberries, red onions, Gorgonzola, tomatoes, and candied pecans.)
Best for High Stakes Meetings
1. Couch Tomato Catering (31 W Gay St., West Chester)
Wow prominent guests at your next event or meeting with a spread of Roasted Vegetables & Penne or Coconut Rum Chicken, all made with organic produce and hormone and antibiotic-free meats.
2. Hatfield Pizzeria (129 S Main St., Hatfield)
This neighborhood pizzeria is one of the area’s best-kept catering secrets thanks to dishes like Stuffed Shells, Baked Ziti, and Chicken alla Vodka in addition to their famous pizzas.
3. Healthy Garden Cafe, Pizza, & Juices (200 County Rte. 561, Voorhees Township)
With so many healthy choices available, let everyone select their own salad like the Tropical Avocado or Turkey Caprese, or keep it simple with a Grilled Chicken or Shrimp Teriyaki Platter.
Best for Last Minute Orders
1. Bellissima Pizza (7816 Castor Ave., Philadelphia)
This Rhawnhurst pizzeria comes through in the nick of time with their Greek, Caribbean or Portuguese inspired pizzas. Complete the feast with Caesar’s Salad or Chef’s Salad for a change of pace.
2. Healthy Garden Cafe, Pizza, & Juices (73 E Main St., Moorestown)
Avert a crisis and place an order for health-conscious dishes like Chicken Pesto or Sesame Shrimp & Vegetable Stir-Fry from this Moorestown caterer.
3. Harleysville Pizzeria (625 Main St., Harleysville)
If you need gluten-free pizza or pasta dishes like Baked Rigatoni, this good old-fashioned pizzeria will have your back even at the last minute.
Best Mexican Catering
1. El Sarape Restaurant & Grill (1304 S 9th St., Philadelphia)
This Mexican restaurant stands out with Specialty Street-Style Mini Tacos, Create-Your-Own Fajitas, and Avocado & Red Chile Pesto Enchiladas.
2. Coyote Crossing (800 Spring Mill Ave., Conshohocken)
Indulge in tamales filled with Chipotle Pulled Chicken, Pork, or Roasted Poblano & Queso and drizzled with green avocado and red borracho sauces.
3. Mexican Post (1701 John F Kennedy Blvd., Philadelphia)
You can’t go wrong with a nacho, taco, or burrito bowl bar filled with Pulled Chicken in Chipotle Sauce, Carnitas, and Marinated Grilled Steak from this downtown Mexican spot located in the Comcast Center.
Best Sandwich Catering
1. Mediterranean Catering (1432 Manoa Rd., Wynnewood)
Gourmet baguettes come stuffed with Italian antipasto, chicken salad, or turkey & cucumber when you order from this Wynnewood caterer.
2. Corporate Caterers (2014 Old Arch Rd., Norristown)
A tray of assorted ciabatta or croissant sandwiches, filled with tuna salad, deli-sliced ham & Swiss, and chicken salad, is always a crowd-pleaser.
3. Red Robin (3605 Horizon Blvd., Feasterville-Trevose)
With fixings like bacon, crispy onion straws, grilled pineapple slices, sautéed mushrooms, guacamole, and choices like chicken, turkey, veggie, and beef patties, the Gourmet Burger Bar is a feast for both the eyes and the stomach.
Best Italian Catering
1. Napoli Pizza & Pasta Catering (8445 West Chester Pike, Upper Darby)
Even those with dietary restrictions can enjoy Italian dishes like Vegan Grilled Vegetable Lasagna and Gluten-Free Cheese Pizza from this Upper Darby caterer.
2. La Bella dolce Italia (628 South St., Philadelphia)
Customers rave about the sandwiches, particularly the Italian Meatball, from this South Philly shop. The Lunch Box package comes with dessert too.
3. Giovannis 724 Restaurant (1492 E Schuylkill Rd., Pottstown)
With nearly five decades of experience in the catering industry, satisfaction is a hallmark with pizzas (available with cauliflower crusts), Chicken Marsala, and Fettuccine Alfredo from this family-owned and operated restaurant.
Best Mediterranean Catering
1. Pita Chip (1600 N Broad St., Philadelphia)
Awaken your taste buds with the Shawarma Wrap Tray heaped with an assortment of chicken and beef shawarma and falafel wraps served with pita chips, salad, and red pepper hummus.
2. Shawarma Kebab (38 E Market St., West Chester)
With excellent pita sandwiches filled with falafel, chicken kebab, and lamb shawarma, this family-owned spot prides itself on being the first restaurant of its kind in West Chester.
3. Da Bistro Mediterranean Grill (1918 County Line Rd., Montgomery County)
With dishes from Italy, Greece, and other parts of the Mediterranean, organize an eclectic spread of Ratatouille, Shrimp Kebab, and Tuscan Lasagna.
Best Breakfast Catering
1. Couch Tomato Catering (102 Rector St., Philadelphia)
This Philly catering company gets high praise for their crispy breakfast stromboli filled with everything from turkey bacon and eggs to goat cheese and spinach.
2. Steve Stein’s Famous Deli (1619 Grant Ave., Philadelphia)
Look no further than this famous Jewish deli to provide the best bagel tray around, complete with cream cheese, whipped butter, and strawberry preserves.
3. Ben & Irv’s Deli Restaurant (1962 County Line Rd., Montgomery County)
For more than 50 years, this deli has been helping Philly wake up with catering packages like the Smoked Fish Brunch with Nova lox, whitefish salad, sweet muenster cheese, tomatoes, cucumbers, onions, cream cheese, and bagels.
The Best of ezCater Awards recognize top performing ezCater catering partners in 25 cities across the US. Selection criteria include catering performance over the past 12 months, customer reviews and ratings, and adherence to ezCater editorial guidelines. All winners must have a location in the 25 designated metro areas.
Order your team the best Philly eats.