Best of ezCater: Top Houston Caterers for 2020
- 5 Min Read
As one of the nation’s largest cities, Houston also has one of the trendiest restaurant scenes. It’s no wonder, then, that it’s bursting with incredible and diverse catering options, whether that means Mexican, Mediterranean, or even Indian-Italian fusion. That’s why we’ve compiled a list of Houston’s best caterers— to help you order quickly and efficiently.
Best in Houston
1. Newk’s Eatery (9448 Katy Fwy Service Rd., Houston)
Since 2004, customers have been raving about the fresh tossed salads, deluxe sandwiches like Pesto Chicken and Turkey Avocado, made-from-scratch soups, pizza, and homemade cakes.
2. Corporate Caterers (9200 S Main St., Houston)
With a menu offering lemon herb chicken, beef ravioli, and everything in between, it’s no wonder Corporate Caterers has been a go-to service provider for more than 20 years.
3. Cristobal Mexican Grill & Bar (1270 Crabb River Rd., Richmond)
Catering packages centered around Tex-Mex favorites like fajitas, enchiladas, quesadillas, and flautas, are delicious and convenient. Customers keep coming back for more.
Best for Large Meetings
1. Cafe Express (780 W Sam Houston Pkwy. N, Houston)
Since 1984, Cafe Express has kept crowds fed with from-scratch entrees like Spanish Chicken Romesco and Shrimp Capri. Each comes with your choice of two sides like garlic mashed potatoes or grilled asparagus.
2. BuffBurger (1014 Wirt Rd., Houston)
Burgers are always crowd-pleasers, but the Specialty Burger Bar with beef, chicken, and mushroom patties with all the fixings will ensure everyone can join in the fun.
3. Which Wich (9758 Katy Fwy., Houston)
Feed a crowd in an instant with the flashy Signature Wich Tray that includes Italian Grinders, Buffalo Chicken, and The Avocado.
Best for Small Meetings
1. Bellagreen (2305 W Alabama St., Houston)
Bellagreen’s fresh fare, like Honey-Fried Goat Cheese & Arugula Salad sprinkled with jicama, almonds, raisins, and carrots, can easily accommodate any diet including vegetarian, gluten-free, and paleo.
2. Macaroni Grill (1155 Lake Woodlands Dr., The Woodlands)
Menu items like Chicken Parmesan and the Create-Your-Own Pasta Bar are a given at this national chain, but Chicken Caesar Calzonettos or boxed lunches bursting with pepperoni and mozzarella are an ideal choice for small events.
3. Fresh Choice Cafe (1900 W Loop S, Houston)
Make your small meeting extra special with entrees like Grilled Chicken Marsala, Blackened Sea Bass, and Beef Lasagna that arrive in perfect portions for an intimate group.
Best for High Stakes Meetings
1. Bombay Pizza Co. (914 Main St., Houston)
Surprise those at your next important meeting with playful, Indian-Italian fusion dishes in the form of Tikka Masala Mac & Cheese and Mr. Nehal’s Pizza topped with tandoori paneer, peppers, red onion, and pickled ginger.
2. Bellagreen (748 E 11th St., Houston)
Fresh ingredients — particularly those used in the gorgeously presented salads served with the famous warm bacon vinaigrette — are bound to impress.
3. The Big Salad (2174 Spring Stuebner Rd., Spring)
With options like Asian Chicken Salad, Strawberry-Apple Salad, and Tomato Basil Soup on the menu, you’ll be able to dig into something healthful at your next meeting.
Best for Last Minute Orders
1. Newk’s Eatery (9448 Katy Freeway Service Rd., Houston)
Boxed lunches, salads, or a platter offering up Pimento Cheese, Chicken Salad, or Turkey Avocado sandwiches can save the day when you’re in a time crunch.
2. Fajita Pete’s (11022 Spring Cypress Rd., Tomball)
This Texas-based chain can come through with queso, sizzling Mixed Fajitas, and smothered Chicken Enchiladas Verdes, even at the eleventh hour.
3. Napoli Italian Catering (5266 Beechnut St., Houston)
In a pinch, order an all-inclusive Italian feast complete with authentic, time-tested pasta, hot entrees, and sides, with just a click of a button.
Best Mexican Catering
1. Cristobal Mexican Grill & Bar (1270 Crabb River Rd., Richmond)
Get everything you need, all in one place, with catering packages featuring quesadillas, enchiladas, and more.
2. Caliente (790 W Sam Houston Pkwy. N, Houston)
Whet your appetite with an order of Grilled Whole Jalapeños, and then feast on some sizzling fajitas or zesty Poblano Chicken with smoked corn & black bean relish.
3. Fajita Pete’s (8800 Katy Fwy., Houston)
This Texas-based, local chain earns accolades for the Chicken Flautas, Queso, and, most importantly, the homemade tortillas.
Best Sandwich Catering
1. Corporate Caterers (11520 Northwest Fwy., Houston)
Try the Houston Croissant or Pulled Chicken Sandwiches if you’re looking for a delicious lunch that is still convenient.
2. Quiznos (1200 McKinney St., Houston)
This national chain goes the extra mile and toasts their creative, chef-inspired subs like Chipotle Turkey or Veggie Guacamole for superior flavor.
3. Bellagreen (800b Town and Country Blvd., Houston)
Order lunch for the gluten-free and gluten lovers alike with chicken salad and ham sandwiches, and easily find veggie choices for anyone with dietary needs.
Best Italian Catering
1. Buca di Beppo (5192 Buffalo Spdwy., Houston)
Their Chicken Parmigiana, Baked Ziti, and Meatballs, all available through their catering packages, are loved by customers.
2. Russo’s New York Pizzeria & Italian Kitchen Catering (3335 College Park Dr., The Woodlands)
Create a family dinner vibe with old-school Italian dishes like Margherita Pizza, Chicken Piccata, Baked Ziti, and even homemade cannoli for dessert.
3. Three Little Kitchens (16515 Lacey Ln., Missouri City)
Dishes like Grilled Chicken & Spinach Alfredo, Beef Lasagna, and Fish Marsala are proof this Houston-based company knows Italian food.
Best Mediterranean Catering
1. Pita Pit (8015 Spencer Hwy., Deer Park)
Pita Pit griddles across the country have been sizzling for more than 20 years, producing the unrivaled flavor of their Souvlaki, Sriracha Chicken, Veggie, and more.
2. The Halal Guys (3821 Farnham St., Houston)
Take one bite of their flawlessly grilled chicken and spit-roasted beef, and you’ll instantly taste why they’re the pioneers of American halal food.
3. Island Grill (4024 Bellaire Blvd., Houston)
Great taste doesn’t have to be greasy. The Mixed Kabob Plate for 10 includes chicken and natural beef tenderloin skewers grilled simply with olive oil. Each order includes Greek salad, hummus, and pita bread.
Best Breakfast Catering
1. Corporate Caterers (9200 S Main St., Houston)
With options like Houston New England French Toast and Belgian Waffles, perhaps no one else offers more variety when it comes to the morning meal.
2. Newk’s Eatery (20802 Katy Fwy., Katy)
In addition to hot breakfast and pastry buffets, try something different like the Farmer’s Market Breakfast Bake egg casserole, a Pimento Cheese & Bacon Croissant tray, or Cinnamon French Toast.
3. The Plantation Catering (3147 W Holcombe Blvd., Houston)
Texas breakfast classics are the name of the game with a Mexican Breakfast buffet, Breakfast Tacos, Kolaches, and even a Fajita Breakfast with scrambled eggs with beef, refried beans, fried potatoes, tortillas, and homemade hot sauce.
The Best of ezCater Awards recognize top performing ezCater catering partners in 25 cities across the US. Selection criteria include catering performance over the past 12 months, customer reviews and ratings, and adherence to ezCater editorial guidelines. All winners must have a location in the 25 designated metro areas.
Looking for the best catering in Houston?