Frequently Asked Questions
Restaurant operators: head over to our Catering Partner Help Center
Meetings are still happening, and people still need to eat. Here’s how we’re helping:
- Individual packaging: Search filters and menu labels help you find boxed lunches and other individually packaged food.
- Lower order minimums: Meetings have changed. To accommodate smaller orders, we’ve encouraged restaurants to reduce order minimums and delivery fees.
- Food safety: We’re encouraging restaurants to follow existing food safety standards plus COVID-specific guidance from the CDC, FDA, and National Restaurant Association.
- Contactless delivery: During checkout, use the “Delivery instructions” area to detail your instructions for contactless delivery, and it’ll happen.
For recurring, everyday employee meals, there’s Relish by ezCater. Local restaurants bring individually packaged and labeled meals to your work on a regular schedule and deliver them to a designated spot.
We also worked with leaders in other industries to create the Handbook for a COVID-Smart Return to Work.
All this goodness doesn’t cost one cent extra. We don’t mark anything up, and there are no mystery ezCater fees.
Restaurants pay a commission on orders we send them.
For most restaurants on ezCater, tipping is optional, and the amount is up to you. Delivery drivers truly appreciate it. Looking at what most customers tip, here’s a rule of thumb:
- 10% for orders of $100 or more
- 15% to 20% for smaller orders
Some restaurants automatically add a gratuity. You’ll see the amount when building your order.
We accept all major credit cards (Visa, Mastercard, American Express, Discover).
We authorize payment when you place an order, and we finish processing it the day of your delivery/pickup. If you cancel an order before we process payment, the authorization should go away in about a week.
Not from us, though some restaurants may charge for last-minute cancellations. Check the restaurant’s menu on ezCater for a cancellation policy (not all restaurants list one).
You can usually avoid charges by cancelling at least 24 hours in advance. If it’s less than 24 hours until your scheduled delivery, call us right away at (800) 488-1803.
In short, it just works – no instructions needed. Still, here’s the gist.
- Choose a restaurant.
- Choose your food.
- Add menu items to your cart.
- Enter your headcount to see your price per head.
- Once everything looks good, it’s checkout time.
- Check out.
- Confirm your delivery address and instructions.
- Add payment info.
- Place your order.
Your order details zip over to the restaurant, they give the thumbs-up, and you’re done! We keep you posted as your order progresses.
Yes, as far ahead as you’d like! We keep all your orders organized and send reminders to the restaurant.
If it’s specific to a menu item (no olives, dressing on the side, etc.), click the item when making your order, and then choose Add special instructions.
For other requests, contact us and we’ll coordinate with the restaurant for you.
Yes. If you’re anything less than happy with an order, let us know and we’ll make it right. We’ll make it up to your guests, too, if that’s appropriate.
We keep you posted by email and text as your order progresses.
You can also view your order to see its timeline. Updates aren’t instant – so there’s no need to worry if it’s delivery time but the order isn’t marked as delivered.
There’s no real-time delivery tracking yet, but it’s in the works!
Restaurants set their own delivery prices. Search results and menus clearly show each restaurant’s delivery fee and order minimum.
You earn ezRewards for every marketplace order, and you can redeem ezRewards points for Amazon.com Gift Cards* or discounts on ezCater orders.
*Restrictions apply; see amazon.com/gc-legal.
You can earn ezRewards in three ways:
- Order food. You earn at least $1, and up to $5, per $100 you spend on food at ezcater.com. When you view restaurant search results, you can see (and filter by) the ezRewards that each restaurant offers.
- Invite friends. You earn $1 for each friend you refer and $1 for every $100 they spend. Earn up to $250 per friend. Plus, your friend gets $25 off their first ezCater order. Refer a friend program is only available to ezCater marketplace customers who have placed at least one order of $100 or more.
- Write reviews. You earn $1 for every restaurant review.
ezCater powers online ordering (ezOrdering) on some restaurant websites. Unfortunately, you do not earn ezRewards points for these orders.
You can use ezRewards two ways:
- Credit toward any order. Apply by choosing “Add promo” during checkout.
- Amazon.com Gift Cards*. Redeem once you have at least $25 in ezRewards. (You get a digital gift card code, not a physical gift card.)
*Restrictions apply; see amazon.com/gc-legal.